REPORTING AND EDITING
Contributing Writer, CBS SmartPlanet.com
Editor-in-Chief, Philadelphia City Paper, Philadelphia, Pa.
Freelance Writer: Contributed numerous articles to magazines, newspapers and books, including:
- The Magazine
- Next City
- The New York Times
- The Washington Post, travel section
- GOOD Magazine
- The South Florida Sun-Sentinel, travel section
- The Austin American-Statesman
- The Boston Globe, “Ideas” section
- The Yale Review: “Letter from Cairo.” Selected as a “notable essay” for The Best American Travel Writing 2005
- Egypt Unexpected: 1001 Days in Photographs: co-wrote this photography book’s text (American University in Cairo Press, 2004)
- The Oxford American
Contributing Blogger, Brownstoner Philadelphia website, Philadelphia, Pa.
Travel Editor, Car & Travel magazine, Long Island, N.Y.
Editor, Egypt Today Magazine, Cairo, Egypt
Managing Editor/Reporter, The Orlando Weekly, Orlando, Fla.
Arts Editor, Writer, and Copy Editor, The Riverfront Times, St. Louis, Mo.
Communications Editor/Writer, Public Health Management Corporation, Philadelphia, Pa.
Editor/Writer, Texas Department of Agriculture’s “buy local” marketing program, Austin, Tx.
Copy Editor, Weleda North America
Copy Writer, North, Portland, Ore.
Communications Editor/Writer, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, N.Y.
Park Fellow in Journalism: School of Journalism, UNC-Chapel Hill
M.A., English Literature: Washington University, St. Louis, Mo.
B.A., English Literature: St. Joseph’s University, Philadelphia, Pa.